Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mark Me With Your Art, Mark...


For those of you who knows me well, knows I am a sucker for art. As you all might also know, I reviewed art in my blog once in a while. I think it's time for me to write a review about another artist...Mark Ryden is an artist with mad skills. He surfaced at around 1990's and boy...I have nothing left to say. His character's big eyes, plush lips, disproportionate figures and fantasy-like creature combined with the sweetest colors make his paintings and drawings kinda look like sweets from heaven. Even though I know that some of his paintings is actually a little bit sadistic with bloods, skulls and flesh wounds, I am still in love with it.

















I have no idea why a lot of his drawings and painting incorporate a slice of meat or religious symbols. I think it is a way for him to speak out about something. Anyways, out of all of his exhibitions, I think my favorite are the ones titled Blood and The Meat Show. I don't really know why, but I think it's the one that was the most 'freaky' out of the bunch hehe :p

No comments:

Post a Comment